An effective means to relieve pain in problematic areas of the body and exercise a curative physiological effect on the body
General massage (for infants and children of preschool age) Massage entails a positive reaction on the part of gastrointestinal tract and positive emotions for the baby. First of all, it helps to improve blood and lymph circulation, boosts the immune system, and has a calming effect on the central nervous system.
Therapeutic massage directly influences the receptors, internal organs, vessels and muscles. Massage is a universal means as it not only helps to fight a disease but may also be used for preventive purposes. Therapeutic massage is indicated to treat spinal curvature, arthritis of different degree of severity, muscle and ligaments stretch, arthronosos.
- Neck massage helps to relax and relieve tension in tired muscles after a working day, especially under constant stress condition.
- Collar zone massage (posterior triangle of neck, back to the level of the 4th dorsal vertebra, anterior surface of the thoracic cage to the 2nd rib). Collar zone massage is one of the most popular types of therapeutic massages. This area is subject to calcinations, compressed vertebrae, swelling.
- Upper limb massage restores performance ability and strength of tired muscles after long and strong physical exertion, strengthens arm joints and ligaments.
- Upper limb, shoulder girdle and shoulder area massage. Shoulder girdle and shoulder area massage is needed to anyone with sedentary activity. Such massage is a preventive measure aimed to control osteochondritis and inflammatory diseases of upper limbs.
- Shoulder joint massage (upper third of the arm, area of shoulder joint and shoulder girdle on the same side). This massages helps to strengthen muscles, tendons and ligaments tissue, improve their tonus and flexibility, normalize blood supply to soft and bone tissue, release muscle and nerve compressions.
- Elbow joint massage (upper third of the forearm, area of elbow joint and lower third of the shoulder). Increases mobility of the elbow joint. Helps to cope with traumas, inhibit an inflammatory process in the elbow caused by arthrosis, uratic arthritis, bursitis, epicondylitis (inflammation of muscles and tendons) etc.
- Radiocarpal joint massage (proximal section of the wrist, area of radiocarpal joint and forearm). Relieves tension, pain, stimulates muscle. Provides excellent relaxation.
- Wrists massage is of special importance as this area is full of points with reflectory cells that in their turn affect specific parts of our body and may improve well-being.
- Thoracic cage massage (anterior part of thoracic cage from the frontal borders of shoulder girdles to the arch of the ribs and back area from the 7th to the 1st lumbar vertebra). Thoracic cage massage is aimed at normalization of functioning of chest muscles and breathing muscles. This massage works to improve lungs ventilation and provides an opportunity to remove respiratory diseases.
- Back massage (from the 7th cervical vertebra to the 1st lumbar vertebra, and from the left to the right median axillary furrow, including lumbosacral area for children). Back massage restores damaged tissue, improves blood circulation, reduces swelling, harmonizes nervous system, revivifies internal organs. Changes in the dorsal spine affect negatively the heart, liver, stomach and bowel where nerve terminations of spinal roots end.
- Massage of lumbosacral area (from the 1st lumbar vertebra to the lower gluteal fold). When pain shoots in the lower back, different creams and ointments may not always bring relief as they may only reduce the feeling of pain but not eliminate the original problem. The massage of lumbosacral area may be the solution as it helps to relax muscles, improve blood circulation and enables restoration.
- Back and lower back massage (from the 7th cervical vertebra to the sacrum and from the left to the right median axillary furrow). The massage is prescribed to help reduce pain symptoms, treat disordered motor functions, feeling of heaviness and tension in the neck, back, an lower back area. Also prescribed as a preventive measure.
- Cervical and thoracic spine massage (posterior triangle of neck and back area to the first lumbar vertebra, and from left to right posterior axillary furrow). Relieves pain in neck, back and hands related to muscles overstress; stabilize the spine by strengthening the core; decrease compression of the vertebral artery in the cervical vertebra supplying blood to the brain.
- Spine area massage (posterior triangle of neck, back and lumbosacral area from left to right posterior axillary furrow). Excellent prevention of locomotor apparatus diseases. This technique helps to improve well-being, boosts spirits and performance ability. Improves blood circulation, lymph and blood microcirculation, stimulates the restorative function of cartilaginous tissue of intervertebral discs, back muscle training, improves flexibility of muscles and ligaments, joint mobility.
- Lower limb massage significantly improves blood and lymph circulation, prevents from varix and swelling of legs. Also, the legs massage relieves muscle tension after a physical exercise, constant feeling of heaviness and convulsions in the calves.
- Hip joint massage (upper third of thigh, hip joint and gluteal area of the same side). Prevents the tissue damage in anterior and posterior coxofemoral parts. Relieves tension in broad fascia.
- Knee joint massage (upper third of shank, knee joint area and lower third of thigh). Relieves pain syndrome. Helps to restore (improve) affected mobility and prevent from contracture of the damaged joint.
- Ankle joint massage (proximal area of foot, ankle joint area and lower third of shank). Massage helps to accelerate treatment after a trauma of ankle or ligament sprain. Ensures active blood supply to the recovering joint.