For guests of the sanatorium “Alfa-Radon”: instructions for the independent implementation of articular gymnastics. The complex can be performed as a morning charge, done in the afternoon or evening.
Joint gymnastics is a simple and affordable form of training that prepares joints and the spine for active work and contributes to the overall improvement of the body. The complex is suitable for any age and level of fitness, but, like any physical work, requires compliance with a number of conditions. If you adhere to the principles listed below, then the effect will intensify, and most importantly, no harm to your own health will certainly not be.
Basic principles of articular gymnastics:
- Control emotional state: positive mood! You can just pre-recall pleasant events from the past;
- Regularity: perform as a warm-up before the main workout and/or in the morning, as normal exercise. Usually, 1-2 months is enough to feel the effect of articular gymnastics;
- Initially, all movements are performed on 8-10 repetitions. Subsequently, the number of repetitions can be increased, or even a series of repetitions of a single exercise can be broken up into several approaches;
- The first movements are performed with an incomplete amplitude and speed. The amplitude and speed increase gradually! This is your safety and a guarantee of no harm when working with problem points of the body;
- When moving in the problem area do not bring the matter to pain. Discomfort and slight soreness are allowed, which should decrease, not increase! During the first training, the whole movement should be in the comfort zone. Active movement in the joints/spine is not allowed in the presence of an inflammatory process at these points. This rule is for your safety!
- Gymnastics is performed in light, loose clothing that does not hinder movement;
- Before the start of articular gymnastics and after its completion it is desirable to relax. You can use the following technique: closing your eyes purposefully to catch tactile sensations on your hands, face, concentrate on them and purposefully relax parts of the body where there is tension. In parallel, we extend the exhalation, i.e. we take a short and strong breath, and then a slow and smooth exhalation.
Exercise 1. Turning the head to the right and left, having previously stretched the dark up. The amplitude of the movement increases gradually and on the last repetitions, it is possible to fix at the extreme points and make light, pulling movements. Pain and discomfort are not allowed!
Exercise 2. We tilt the head to the left and right, trying to press the ears to the shoulders, with the shoulders fixed in a stationary state. If there are problems with the cervical or thoracic spine, the shoulders can be pre-raised.
Exercise 3. Circular movements of the head. Tilting the head back is not allowed!
Exercise 4. We stand up straight, putting his legs shoulder-width apart. We make circular movements with shoulders, while hands hang freely, relaxed.
Exercise 5. The starting position is the same. On the exhale, stretch the arms forward and down, reducing the shoulders. Then, while inhaling, we move our arms back, stretch our breasts up, and with our arms down and back.
Exercise 6. Raise one hand, pulling it up, and the second while pulling it down. With a smooth arc-shaped movement through the sides, we change hands.
Exercise 7. We stretch our arms to the sides and perform circular movements in the shoulders. Periodically change the direction of movement. We begin the exercise with a half amplitude and with an incomplete speed.
Exercises 8. We stretch our arms to the sides and begin to make circular movements in the elbows with our forearms, while at the same time relaxing them as much as possible. Periodically change the direction of motion.
Exercise 9. Palms squeeze into the castle and make circular motions with closed brushes.
Exercise 10. Raise your hands in front of you and squeeze your fingers with force, gradually increasing the pace and force of compression. Then, on the contrary, with a force of 20-30 seconds, we unclench the fingers, overcoming the “aches” in the forearms.
Exercise 11. We lower the palms on our shoulders near the neck and turn the body to the right and left side, trying not to tear off the feet from the floor. At the same time, the crown extends upwards and movement in the shoulders is not allowed.
Exercise 12. Now rotate the body. Hands during execution on the waist or in front of the chest, the pelvis is fixed in place. It tilts forward, right, back and left, i.e. the body moves along a circular path. The slope gradually increases. In the course of the exercise, we monitor the sensations in the lower back, especially if there are any problems in this area. No pain allowed!
Exercise 13. Rotation of the hips. Hands during execution on the waist or in front of the chest, as in the previous exercise, but the rotation is done not with the body, but with the pelvis and hips.
Exercise 14. Raise the knee forward and upward and make a circular movement of the thigh to the side along the maximum, circular amplitude. 8-10 repetitions, and then make a similar movement with the second leg.
Exercise 15. Put the legs together, bend over and place the palms on your knees. Perform circular movements with your knees, periodically changing the direction of movement. In total, we do the exercise for 20-40 seconds!
Exercise 16. Raise the heel, pressing the toe to the floor. Perform a circular movement of the heel. Then, similarly, knead the other ankle.
Exercise 17. We rise on the toes, pulling the hands up while inhaling. On the exhale, throw your hands down with a slope, stretch your palms to the floor to relax. We do without jerks!
Exercise 18. We roll from socks to heels and back. Fixed for a few seconds in extreme positions.
This complex of articular gymnastics is exemplary and may be supplemented by other exercises for the joints. If the complex is performed as a morning gymnastics, then it is recommended to add breathing exercises and several movements aimed at large muscle groups and problem areas of the body of a particular person from the arsenal of physical therapy. It will not be superfluous to supplement the exercise and self-massage.